Can you bring a kick scooter on a plane? Good news – it’s allowed! However, keep a few things in mind to make your trip go smoothly.
All airlines have regulations regarding what types of luggage people can carry on the plane. So it’s necessary to do your research before you book your flight. Some airlines have large overhead compartments that can accommodate heavy items like kick scooters, while others take them as extra luggage.
Make sure you know their policies regarding carry-on luggage. That’s how you can avoid any surprises at the airport speaking of the airport, another thing to keep in mind is that kick scooters are not allowed through security checkpoints. So, if you’re planning on travelling with a kick scooter, you’ll need to leave it at the gate when you go through security. But don’t worry – you can usually retrieve it when you land at your destination.
This blog post will cover everything you need about Can You Bring a Kick Scooter on a Plane. From what type of bag to put it into, how you can pack it, and how to avoid damage, we have all the information you need right here. Let’s get started!
Tips to Know About Bringing Your Scooter on a Plane
Consider some factors before you take your kick scooter in your carry-on bag and head to the airport.
- Firstly, the thing should be small enough to get into the bag.
- It must not be bigger than the size of a mini iPad.
- It must be free from any risk or disturbance for the other passengers.
- The battery pack must not contain any flammable material.
- Fifth, always consult with customer service before booking your ticket so they can check for any potential issues regarding the transportation of goods like this item.
- Lastly, however, there are weight and size restrictions that you need to follow. Just in case it does not fit through one door or another because it’s bulkier than what people expect when bringing them as carry-on bags. A foldable one makes life easier during travelling.
Following these simple rules will ensure you can enjoy your scooter on your next flight!
How to Check the Battery Before Taking the Scooter on a Plane?
Many airlines don’t allow batteries, so if your scooter has a battery, you’ll need to remove it before boarding. The size of the battery also matters. If it’s less than 100 watt-hours, you can have it with you without detaching it. However, if the battery is more than 100 watt-hours, you’ll need to remove it. So if you’re planning on bringing an electric scooter on a plane, do your research beforehand!
How to Fold a Kick Scooter?
Folding a kick scooter is extremely fast and easy. Most kick scooters come with a push button and quick-release latch, although some brands feature a QuickClick Latch instead.
What’s nice about the Xootr scooter is that it folds super flat, making it easy to transport on a plane. Follow the steps below:
- Press the quick-release switch on the T-tube
- Now remove gently and use that same lever as leverage for unclamping.
- Then drive down until it locks into place, and the scooter will unfold.
Can You Bring a Kick Scooter on a Plane? Final Thoughts:
So, whether you’re a first-time flyer with a kick scooter or an experienced traveller looking for advice on how to take your ride, this blog post has got you covered.
Follow our tips and tricks for packing your scooter safely and securely, and you’ll be ready to roll when you reach your destination. Have any additional questions about flying with a kick scooter? Leave them in the comments below – we’d love to help!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you fit your scooter in the luggage or a carry-on?
Do your research about what kind of scooter you want and which airline you choose. If you can fold your scooter or it is enough to comply with the baggage restrictions, you may be able to fit it into your carry-on or checked-in case.
- What Will It Cost to Get a Scooter on a Plane?
The cost usually depends on the size and weight of your scooter. If you meet the requirements, then you can take it for free. But, if not, you may have to pay extra money.